• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop Elements 11 (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I have just ordered Elements 11 for my brand new Laptop running Windows 7.

On my old desktop I am running Elements 4 and have used the tags and collections extensively for my 30,000 plus photos.

My research suggests that when upgrading to a new Elements I will retain most of my tags etc. However I assume this would be for upgrading the Elements on the existing desktop using 4.

I have copied all my files and settings to my new computer, using Windows easy transfer, which has no version of Photoshop on it since Windows 7 doesnt support Elements 4.

So the $64K question is when I load Elements 11 on my laptop will it find my tags etc?

Thanks
BB

Sorted!

I have just ordered Elements 11 for my brand new Laptop running Windows 7.

On my old desktop I am running Elements 4 and have used the tags and collections extensively for my 30,000 plus photos.

My research suggests that when upgrading to a new Elements I will retain most of my tags etc. However I assume this would be for upgrading the Elements on the existing desktop using 4.

I have copied all my files and settings to my new computer, using Windows easy transfer, which has no version of Photoshop on it since Windows 7 doesnt support Elements 4.

So the $64K question is when I load Elements 11 on my laptop will it find my tags etc?

Thanks
BB

Well, despite 71 viewing - no replies. That may be because you all already know or no one knows. Well I found out the answer on ther Adobe Community website. So I thought I would share it here anyway.

I did a fullback up using the Photoshop Elements 4 back up from my old computer onto my external hard drive.
Having installed Elements 11 on my new laptop I then did a restore on the laptop. It took a while with 30k+ photos but it worked. The tags and collections are all on there and they work. What a relief.:-O

Thanks for posting your results. I'll probably be upgrading my elderly computer in the not too distant future & I have tons of heavily tagged photos in PE6.

Only just seen this thread. That is the way I did things when buying a new computer and putting a newer version of Elements on it. Works fine if somewhat lengthy procedure if you have a lot of photographs.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back