• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sibley Android App Crashing (1 Viewer)

apbarr

Scotland
My copy of the above was updated a few days ago and since the update it continually crashes with a Force Close message.

Anyone else having a problem?

I was thinking of buying this app as I am sure there are going to be lots of American birds on Scilly next month. All the reviews I have read though say it is difficult to use. I was wondering how you found it. Roger

I was thinking of buying this app as I am sure there are going to be lots of American birds on Scilly next month. All the reviews I have read though say it is difficult to use. I was wondering how you found it. Roger

I would buy iBird Pro instead as it is very affordable at the moment compared to Sibley. I have both and they're fairly easy to use, Sibley is a bit better for ID purposes but iBird Pro has more pics and links to Flickr. If I can find accommodation on Scilly at a reasonable price I'll be there as well.

I would buy iBird Pro instead as it is very affordable at the moment compared to Sibley. I have both and they're fairly easy to use, Sibley is a bit better for ID purposes but iBird Pro has more pics and links to Flickr. If I can find accommodation on Scilly at a reasonable price I'll be there as well.

Thanks for that advice, it certainly seems that iBird Pro is very cheap and is also highly recommended. I have only got my Smart phone today and the guy in the shop transferred all my bird calls to the new phone. He used my old phone's SD card which was only 2GB. I will be buying a 32GB card shortly and then have to work out how to transfer the calls to the new SD card plus the downloaded app. May see you on Scilly, just look for the tallest Birder and it will probably be me. Regards Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back