• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Purple Martin Forum posts wiped out (1 Viewer)

It's a shame for that forum; remember that BF went down last winter and we all lost posts and gallery pics during the Big Crash.

I suspect it's a random event. We were all upset by the previous cruelty posts (and I say this despite our mutual points of disagreement on specifics, Malky) but largely the forum was used by enthusiasts such as ourselves. I am hoping BF has a better backup contingency than before, in the event of a future crash!!

Neil Grubb said:
I suspect it's a random event. We were all upset by the previous cruelty posts (and I say this despite our mutual points of disagreement on specifics, Malky) but largely the forum was used by enthusiasts such as ourselves. I am hoping BF has a better backup contingency than before, in the event of a future crash!!
There's a difference in that the BF crash was a catastrophic hardware failure. The PM forum was a virus attack, we keep our site up to date with the very latest software that prevents such attacks, they clearly didn't. A number of forum sites let their licenses lapse and are then open to problems like this, keeping a forum up to date is expensive but worth it.
Still, you feel for the good guys at the pm forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back