• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Prey-My Work (1 Viewer)

Gossy

Hawking
Hi there,

I'd like to show you my artwork here..please be gentle,I'm only 16.
I'm interesting in Birds of Prey for about 8 years and started to draw them when I was 13..before I just sketched them.
At the moment I try to draw with Oil,it's very hard and here's my 4th attempt in oil painting,I hope you like it.I've drawn it whitout a reference photo,but I hope the anatomy of it is right.(the white gyr head).
I'm mostly drawing with pencil colors and everywhere I am I'm sketching(if I have a paper and a pencil..).
I hope you like my pictures.
Thanks for watching,
all the Best
Julia

Last edited:
Welcome to the best bit of Birdforum - what an entrance! You've got great talent in rendering subtle tones and textures, and all from someone so young! Looking forward to seeing more.

Here are some more

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 99
  • gyrfalk_partridge.jpg
    gyrfalk_partridge.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Gerfalke13.jpg
    Gerfalke13.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 101
  • peresketch2.jpg
    peresketch2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 96
Wow, just amazing! Beautifully lifelike drawings and paintings. Here's another one waiting to see more. :)

Wow, what an entrance! Welcome to the forum. You show amazing talent in these. Looking forward to more.

Another welcome to the best bit of BF from me. Lovely stuff, you obviously have a great feel for the spirit of raptors. More please!

Mike

Sixteen? Quite unbelievable. I think we can all say we were glad to have been 'there at the beginning'. Looks like you have a tremendously bright future in front of you. Wonderful work!

Woah! You have amazing talent; these portraits are wonderful!

Can you tell me what art equipment you use? I'm a young artist too (18) but I'm terrible at coloured drawings. Can you help me out or give me some tips? It'd be greatly appreciated. =)

Thank you all alot for the nice comments!:)
Will show more soon :)

@Alice:
Of course I can help you.Well,I'm using Prismacolors from USA,they are fantastic to draw feathers.
Please tell me what kind of infos you need?
it's hard to explain but I'll try to help you.

Hi Julia , So you found the wonderful Bird Forum Art club ! Great to see you on here.
As I've said to you befor on the other forums great work and your geting better
and better. I did'nt see you at the Fair ?

Hope to see more on here.

I don't post much, but I do love looking at all the great artwork posted on BF. I'm no expert, but all of your works are fantastic. Keep using your gift.

Thank you so much:)

@Andrew Ellis:
Thanks alot :)
Well, I couldn't come to the fair, I've had school :( Would have loved it to be there..
Will you be on the Falconry Festival next year? I think I'll be there, so maybe we can meet there? would be great.

Thank you,and I'll soon post more work.

All the Best
Julia

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back