• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Bird of Prey help (1 Viewer)

I don't know what's happening. I am from England, from this area, but been living in Canada. I am back for a while, so have time to go Birdwatching. Either before I wasn't Bird Watching properly before with eyes closed, or Birds of Prey have made a MASSIVE comeback. Today we went to Upton House, near Edgehill (not far from Banbury). I've NEVER seen Peregrines before. Never in the Midlands flying over my head. At first couldn't lock in, but managed to get 3 photos.

In 20 Minutes, on the footpath from the carpark, saw 4 Kestrels, 3 Buzzards, a Red Kite, and a Peregrine. Now this one is a Peregrine (got a photo this time!!). What is going on?? 2 Peregrines in a matter of weeks as I saw one in the Village near Silverstone very high up. Here is todays photo proof! The 2 Birds last week that confused me, looked like this Peregrine today in shape, but completely different markings, much lighter and more brown. The Buzzards today, were fighting, don't know if courtship or territorial, but that was great to see too. (photos- 3 Peregrine, 1 Kestrel, 2- Buzzards)

Attachments

• per05.jpg
    per05.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 27
  • per06.jpg
    per06.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 26
  • per07.jpg
    per07.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 26
  • kes01.jpg
    kes01.jpg