• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC 7x30b Mark 4 (1 Viewer)

AGPank

I came across a set of used SLC in 7x30. They are an older model with black body but the owner has paperwork that shows a recent rebuild with new SN starting with 83.
b7f34b82b68ac180c5ca85dae21196e8.jpg

Any suggestions on a fair value? Right now they are priced closer to a set of SLC neu 8x30. Seemed a little high. I was guessing $550. I haven't found a lot about them to review.

Welcome to Birdforum.

I've attached a .pdf file showing the Swarovski 2001 price structure in the US. You will note that when new the 7x30B sold for roughly 80% of the 8x30WB. The reason is that the 7x30 was not wide-angle. Note also that the 7x30B was only sold in green armor, whereas the refurbished one is in black. This is because the 7x and 8x models shared the same body differing only in eyepiece design. So they could use the same body and armor of the 8x30.

I own a refurbished 8x30WB that was originally green but now has black armor. In the upgrade process Swarovski installed SWAROBRIGHT prisms, which I imagine they also did with the 7x30 you're looking at. In excellent condition I would think $500 ± 50 would be a good price range. They really are excellent binoculars. However, be careful of the eye relief if you wear glasses. It's only about 14.5mm.

Happy birdwatching,
Ed

Attachments

• E. Huff 2001 Swarovski Price list.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 186
Ed,
Thank you so much, the seller did show they installed swarobright prisms and swaroclean coatings.

I thought it might compliment my slc he 8x42 (love the fov and low light performance) and meostar had 10x42.

I found a good deal on conquest hd 8x32 and wasn't sure how the rebuilt slc would compare.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back