• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Printing large images on several A4 sheets (1 Viewer)

steve55

Yellow Hammer
I have a very large image that i wish to print (not 100% sure of the actual dimentions) on several a4 sheets and stick them together.

Is this ppossible, any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

Try Posteriza

http://www.posteriza.com/es/index.php?lang=en_US

From the SnapFiles review:

Posteriza enables you to create poster or banner size prints from your digital images. The program slices the images into multiple parts and makes them fit into a number of regular size pages (A4, A3, letter, etc.), which can then be assembled after printing. It automatically includes margins to overlap and glue the pages.

Hope that helps.

I've done it the hard way in photoshop to blow a near full frame 20D image onto 6 x A4 sheets. It's quiet easy once you get you head around it. If Posteriza works it all out for you then it sounds great.

steve55 said:
I have a very large image that i wish to print (not 100% sure of the actual dimentions) on several a4 sheets and stick them together.

Is this ppossible, any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

The process is called 'tiling'.

"Some printers do tiling. Choose File, Print, pick your printer and then click Properties. Look for settings that will allow you to print tiled output.

Recent versions of Adobe Acrobat can do tiled printing. Create a PDF from your PowerPoint page, then open the PDF in Acrobat and print from it.

Corel Draw and other sophisticated drawing or desktop publishing programs can do tiled printing. If the program permits direct import of PPT files, try that; otherwise, copy/paste your slide from Slide Sorter view into the drawing/DTP app, then let it handle the tiled printing.

There are programs like FinePrint and specialized poster printing apps that do tiled printing. Try a Google search on "tiling" or "tiled printing" or similar terms".

Personally, I use CorelDraw. If all else fails try to find a print shop or graphics studio that can print it for you.

saluki

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back