• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 mockingbirds monopolizing feeders (1 Viewer)

LeesKeys

Initially I thought I had just one territorial mockingbird who was shooing other birds away from the feeder. I decided to set up a second feeder in my backyard which is about 25 feet away from the first one. That didn't work because there are two mockingbirds (a pair?)- who are sitting/feeding on each feeder simultaneously. Other birds have completely stopped coming to the feeders over the past couple of week. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Set up a 3rd feeder between the two? or set up a 3d feeder on the opposite side of the house? If it matters, I live in North Carolina. Thanks!

Mostly this question has no answer other than the 3 most obvious 1. They left because they were in transit or 2. The offering, and this includes the placement and not just the actual type including some external cat or otherwise threat, was not as good as one at another location. And 3. They found a natural source such as insects etc. which is always preferable to seeds and the like.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back