• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 More Visits To Nairobi Nat Park (1 Viewer)

mike davidson

sorry , forget to mention todays's 2 hours .

3 distinct phases .

1 Lions on an junction post , got great photos

2 saddle billed storks mating on a tree

3 Huge storm coming into Nairoibi from the south

Mike d
you will have seen my last report .

This monday . our usual weekeday , we had a great surprise . A view of Kilmnajaro . Not a bird but a mountain , some 100k or more away. I wish I could down load , but I am defeated by technology .
Otherwise it was still 123 species with out most of the migrants. Around Hyena dam we had great sights of Purple Swamphen, lesser Moorhen , Common Moorhnen, Black Crake,Spotted Thick-knee,African Jacana and more .

Common Cuckoos still passing through .

Got uptodate reoprt that thousands of Red-backed and Red -tailed , and Lesser Grey Shrikes passed through Kenya via Tsavo and Meru late March .

Mike D in Nairobi

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back