• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 Song ID questions, Guangxi, China (1 Viewer)

Barbets48

Both recorded March 2022, Baise Guangxi China. Elevation: 350m.

Recording one (Whistle2): Interested in figuring out the ID of the bird with a short 3-5 note whistle/hoot, singing from higher area of forested mountain area. (song can be heard at 1, 11, 21, 24, 32, and most clearly at 41 seconds)

Recording two (flycatcher 2): Presumed flycatcher? singing from ravine area, perhaps 2-10 ft above the ground in dense area. Song given at intervals of about 8 seconds throughout recording.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• Whistle 2.wav
    6.2 MB
  • flycatcher2.wav
    6.4 MB
Thanks John. Any tips (from anyone) on differentiating Hainan Blue and Hill Blue flycatcher songs? The beginning sequence of fluting notes in my recording sounds really similar to Hill Blue that I listened to on eBird and have heard locally before. At the end of my bird's song almost every time I notice a lower repeated three note "chirp" off sorts, which I didn't really see in the spectrograms of either species. Be curious for any advice.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back