• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

(4) Quality 8x32 Binoculars- Swarovski EL, SV and Nikon EDG II, SE~ My Impressions (2 Viewers)

... Yet another thanks to stephen b for your detailed and informative observations (and thanks also to master5 for bringing it up from the past!). I hope the binocular you chose back in 2012 is continuing to give you the same joy and satisfaction that you felt when you picked it from amongst this group of superb products.

For what it's worth, I'm in full agreement that detail at distance (which stephen mentioned in his post #23) is one of my most important criteria in evaluating a binocular. It's interesting how differences become apparent between binoculars that show detail similarly well at shorter distance when that range is extended to say 1km or so. This, for whatever reason, seems especially apparent with binoculars with less modern coatings (single-coated etc). It's not an issue in situations where you know the action is going to happen closer in, but quite a lot of my own viewing involves trying to follow relatively small targets out that far and beyond.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back