• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 protective harness? (1 Viewer)

has530

I am planning a trip to Costa Rica in the rainy season and plan to take my 8x32 meostars. Normally I just open carry them on a harness like all my other binoculars but I would like to have something to wear them on my chest in to keep them protected from the elements. Most pouches and harnesses I find are geared towards x42 mm binoculars but I don't want that added bulk for traveling so I was wondering if anyone has a favorite x32 mm bino pouch/harness.

Bino bro has multiple sizes and once customized one for me (cottage industry).
No affiliation other than a satisfied customer :)

Some ideas:

Kuiu has 2 sizes and pads, opens to the front so one hand opening, has side baffling

FHF comes in 3 sizes, opens towards chest, (2 hands required?) does not have side baffle/wings

Alaska Guide has 4 or 5 models. Two seem sized for 8x32s

Marsupial Gear, is another open to front pack that comes in 3 sizes, believe they have a model with side flaps.

Bino bro has multiple sizes and once customized one for me (cottage industry).
No affiliation other than a satisfied customer :)
Like the looks of those, I reached out to ensure the sizing will work and ask about a custom case for my 8x20 UV. The one I have is a little too shallow making it difficult to get them out.
Some ideas:

Kuiu has 2 sizes and pads, opens to the front so one hand opening, has side baffling

FHF comes in 3 sizes, opens towards chest, (2 hands required?) does not have side baffle/wings

Alaska Guide has 4 or 5 models. Two seem sized for 8x32s

Marsupial Gear, is another open to front pack that comes in 3 sizes, believe they have a model with side flaps.
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like most of these are designed for x42 binoculars but will fit a 32 but I am hoping for something as compact as possible. Otherwise I would just bring full sized binos!

Like the looks of those, I reached out to ensure the sizing will work and ask about a custom case for my 8x20 UV. The one I have is a little too shallow making it difficult to get them out.

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like most of these are designed for x42 binoculars but will fit a 32 but I am hoping for something as compact as possible. Otherwise I would just bring full sized binos!
I have one that fits my 8x20Trinnies. They are very close in size to a rangefinder, so it may be that it was a stock item or easy to make from a RF pouch. Def worth calling him and chatting. It's been years but when I last dealt with him 4-5 years ago, he was very accomodating and interested in getting me what I wanted.
Be warned that the pouches are not a 360deg full-on pouch. At least on mine, the portion against my chest is mesh. So if you wanted something 100% waterproof - that you could wear ALL day in DOWNPOUR - then it might not fit the bill. But I've worn mine for a day of intermittent rain and never had an issue. The less bulky minimalist build is in fact what appeals to me.

Thanks for opening this thread, I have been thinking in one of those solutions for a while (I have already broke a glass of my binoculars in the past, 10X42 Habitch EL), and the fhf BINO HARNESS PRO-M seems to suit my interests (Bino Harness PRO-M | FHF Gear). Any direct experience with this model?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for opening this thread, I have been thinking in one of those solutions for a while (I have already broke a glass of my binoculars in the past, 10X42 Habitch EL), and the fhf BINO HARNESS PRO-M seems to suit my interests (Bino Harness PRO-M | FHF Gear). Any direct experience with this model?
Thanks in advance

Are you sure, did you visit websites? I did quick perusal before posting and there were several options described as sized for 832. Alaska Guide for sure had two. Marsupial I thought had one as well... Still too big?

Thanks in advance
No. I prefer, pull to front open-ability and side flaps of Kuiu and Marsupial.

I was looking at the marsupial ones. What concerns me is that theyre all pretty big. Even the small is designed to fit a Conquest HD 10x42 - i fear there would be a lot of redundant space for an 8x32.

Now I got the marsupial, and well, it looks not as great in terms of durability as the previous one, but it really works for me in the field. I will try to take pictures of both tomorrow before returning back the fhf...

I am planning a trip to Costa Rica in the rainy season and plan to take my 8x32 meostars. Normally I just open carry them on a harness like all my other binoculars but I would like to have something to wear them on my chest in to keep them protected from the elements. Most pouches and harnesses I find are geared towards x42 mm binoculars but I don't want that added bulk for traveling so I was wondering if anyone has a favorite x32 mm bino pouch/harness.
I wouldn't worry about the elements. Let them get wet. That's why they're waterproof/fogproof. I took my SLCs to Costa Rica without any type of protection beyond the stock objective covers. They've been to Ecuador as well. In fact, they went white water rafting in Ecuador. No issues whatsoever.

Badlands bino c would be my choice. Badlands were the one of first (maybe the irst) and still the best choice in bino packs. The patented magnetic flap is quiet, quick, secure and easy access. It's really quite clever. BINO C.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back