• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few from Staines Reservoirs - London (1 Viewer)

BenjiS

Ginga Ninja
England
Needing a few ID's plus just wanting to double check a few of mine
1. Black Throated Diver I'm almost certain and just want to double check
2. Same with Black-Necked Grebe
3. Pipit sp. & Pipit sp. 2 I don't have any idea, probably meadow, but IDK!
4. Gull - don't really need an ID but if poss that would be nice!

All photos taken yesterday (26/12/2023)

Thanks all in advance

Attachments

• Black Throated Diver 2.jpg
    Black Throated Diver 2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 89
  • Black-Necked Grebe.jpg
    Black-Necked Grebe.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 86
  • Pipit sp..jpg
    Pipit sp..jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 82
  • Pipit sp. 2.jpg
    Pipit sp. 2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 82
  • Id needed.jpg
    Id needed.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
I met someone who said that there were 3 black throated and 2 great northern, but I didn't have a scope and all except the photographed Black Throated were to far out to see from the middle
I wasn't too worried about getting the great northern divers anyway because I just saw my first one a couple of weeks back!

I met someone who said that there were 3 black throated and 2 great northern, but I didn't have a scope and all except the photographed Black Throated were to far out to see from the middle
When I was there a couple of weeks back there were 2 of each there. I did see a bit of a dispute on FB about one of the divers ID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back