• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few pics from Sunday (1 Viewer)

howell7079

I had the best day birding on Sunday in Galveston. I saw two sandhill cranes, northern harriers, merlins, kestrels, white tailed kites, red-tailed hawks, osprey, loons, white pelicans and many more. We knocked out many species off our list and my son(8 years old) can't wait to go again. Hopefully it will be nice next sunday.

Lyndon

Attachments

• sandhill crane 2.jpg
    sandhill crane 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 83
  • crested carcara 3.jpg
    crested carcara 3.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 92
  • meadow lark 3.jpg
    meadow lark 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 100
  • kite 2.jpg
    kite 2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 85
  • phoebe 1.jpg
    phoebe 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 82
I forgot to mention that we saw an northern harrier dive into the grass. We couldn't see what he caught but while he was down a white tailed kite started hovering above him. The harrier flew up and the two birds were fighting in the air for about 15 seconds until the kite flew away and the harrier when back to his meal. Hear are a few more pics.

Thanks for looking,
Lyndon

Attachments

• osprey 2.jpg
    osprey 2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 75
  • osprey.jpg
    osprey.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 78
  • harrier 3.jpg
    harrier 3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 79
  • harrier 1.jpg
    harrier 1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 69
  • piping plover 1.jpg
    piping plover 1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi Lyndon,

What some brilliant photos to bring home after a great day's Birding! Beautiful Osprey & Harrier shots and it's good to see the Lark, Phoebe, Crane and Carcara too. It's wonderful to see just what you get over there, thanks for the chance. All being well, you'll soon have another great Birder when he's older too, catch 'em while they're young they say, it's true too!

Thanks again Lyndon,

Sue.

i dont know where to report american bands but if you ask on the ringing banding subforum someone might tell you.
The bands are there so that organisations can track migrating birds and learn new information about them, every reported ring counts.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back