• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Mars a Day, Helps...... (1 Viewer)

brianfm

Botanical Birder
After a good days birding today I took the opportunity to look at Mars through the telescope on x60. A quite impressive sight if you like lights in the sky! :) The God of War is showing well. The moon to was impressive and is at its brightest for 2010 over the next couple of nights. Now, shall I go and play my Holst album, write up my blog, or warm up in the bath? I think the bath wins.

The moon was very low and bright early this morning (6.45am), in fact it was blindingly bright. Mars was high above to the right of the moon.

Hi Mars is at its closest point for this year, a mere 99 million miles away, showing up well last night along side the full moon in the constellation of Cancer the Crab, the next brightest star to the right is Procyeon.

Peter

evening all,
Daughter and I went out Friday evening to look at the moon (Ilove the moon!!) and Mars. We stood out at about 9pm but oh my goodness it was cold!! We had a good look at the moon and I think Sarah saw Mars, but we came in and I went to bed with a hot water bottle and an extra blanket.
Happy days (and nights!)
Rose.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back