• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A new morph for the garden yesterday…..NEast London. (2 Viewers)

KenM

1st image is my standard RNParakeet, however images 2 and 3 show a very different morph, I should be able to keep track of this one. 🤩

Attachments

• DSC08600.jpeg   Parakeet x2 again.jpeg
    DSC08600.jpeg Parakeet x2 again.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC08849.jpeg   Turquoise morph.jpeg
    DSC08849.jpeg Turquoise morph.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC08836.jpeg   Another morph.jpeg
    DSC08836.jpeg Another morph.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 33
No doubt it was a different colour. However, we can't tell how different because the colour balances in the 2 sets of photos are so different. The first is red-biased (bright reddish browns—I realise the twigs are naturally quite reddish), the second pair blue-biased (branches cold, greenish, birds bluish)

No doubt it was a different colour. However, we can't tell how different because the colour balances in the 2 sets of photos are so different. The first is red-biased (bright reddish browns—I realise the twigs are naturally quite reddish), the second pair blue-biased (branches cold, greenish, birds bluish)

Well, I think the colour is “sufficiently” different between the two birds to raise an eyebrow, one was sunlit, the other was not and the camera’s “automatic” adjusted accordingly…unsure where your attempting to go with this 😮 that withstanding, you may have noticed a ring on the leg of the subject bird…but then on the other hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back