• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABA Big Year 2016 (1 Viewer)

White-cheeked Pintail being reported on the national ABA rarities listings in Florida, with an orange leg tag - definite escape??

Also the (?) Nazca Booby reported again ...

(All four have the scoter now of course).

I'm not sure whether Olaf already has the Yellow-legged Gull (can't open the Excel file on my phone) but I think he hasn't. From what I read in Facebook it has returned and he could get that one to close in on John (who already has it, aswell as Laura and Christian)

Maffong

I'm not sure whether Olaf already has the Yellow-legged Gull (can't open the Excel file on my phone) but I think he hasn't. From what I read in Facebook it has returned and he could get that one to close in on John (who already has it, aswell as Laura and Christian)

Maffong

He did in October -

http://olafsbigyear.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/qidi-vidi-numerari.html

There's very little he can do except hope for new birds or work on his lower 48 list ...

La Sagra's Flycatcher -

http://ebird.org/ebird/region/aba?yr=cur&m=&rank=lrec

Olaf says there's been plenty of rumours before ... Is it a definite no-go area? Unless there are good reasons, you'd think that birders/authorities would be working on access arrangements - except perhaps it isn't that big a rarity to make such things an issue (apart from for a handful of folk desperate for a year tick ... ;) )

It's enough of a rarity to be worth negotiating access for, but might simply be in a very hard to access area, especially if there are very sensitive and endangered plants species around.

I am sure the big year folks are contacting Robin as I type about access or coming along with him on whenever the next survey or whatever he undertakes of that area.

It's enough of a rarity to be worth negotiating access for, but might simply be in a very hard to access area, especially if there are very sensitive and endangered plants species around.

I am sure the big year folks are contacting Robin as I type about access or coming along with him on whenever the next survey or whatever he undertakes of that area.

Robin is a she.

Andy

Nominate intermedia (of Asia) generally has a large dark tip to bill (plumifera of Australia has an all yellow bill). Gape skin extends to the back of the eye as well which isn't great for an Intermediate.

Cheers,

Nigel

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back