• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accommodation near/in Budongo Forest/Royal Mile (1 Viewer)

dwatsonbirder

Hello,

My partner and I are headed to Uganda for 15 days on Friday, and have organised our own trip with a hire vehicle along the usual western loop.

The one are that we are having issues with is around Budongo/Royal Mile. We are hoping to spend a few hours birding along the RM before we head up into Murchison Falls NP.

I would appreciate any advice on budget accommodation (less than $50) options for Budongo forest/Royal mile, currently looking at hotels in Masindi or Hoima, but then a minimum 30-45 minute drive to attempt to get there early enough for some early morning birding.

The only options I can find are the eco-resort (out of our budget) and the forestry college (haven't heard anything from them and heard they don't always take tourists). We have our own car and tent - any options much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back