• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alaska: Earths Frozen Kingdom 20.00-21.00pm 1/3 BBC2 4/2/2015 (1 Viewer)

Yes, another great show, there seems to be a glut of great wildlife shows at the moment. Highlight for me was the mum bear helping the cub down the tree. And aren't those sperm whales darn clever!

It was a great programme visually but I wasn't too keen on the narration. I am still trying to work out why Alaskan tripods have more than three legs. ;)

However the bear cubs and the tiny, fluffed up otter were undeniably ridiculously 'cute'. The intelligence of the Sperm Whales was amazing and I was pleasantly surprised by the philosophical way in which the fishermen reacted to their livelihood being destroyed. I hope a satisfactory solution for both whales and fishermen can be found.

Ron

Cool. I worked there 3 long summers. Go! Just stay off any common / tourist / cruise ship path. Have camping - wilderness skills. Or at least listen to those who do. Our last best place for this stuff..........

I loved the series. Had no idea humming birds occurred so far north. The site of the Moose walking around the town and chomping peoples gardens. The way that truck sped down that frozen road in that massive monster American truck! I would love to go Alaska one day.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back