• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Albatross - SW Australia (1 Viewer)

meg2772

Hello,
I saw this albatross off the south western coast of Australia (Bremer bay) in March 2018. I marked it down as wandering albatross but I see online this species is actually split into Snowy/Tristan/Antipodean albatross. Could someone please help me with an ID? From the description in eBird they seem to be distinguished by range but I wanted to ask here. Many thanksE1602675-6007-42C3-A3A2-5E6B36DEB5CD.jpeg

One thing you can do is to compare bill length. Snowy has the relatively longest. Apart from that, This angle and photo quality may not allow a complete confidence in id. Any other photos?
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back