• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Algarve Seawatching (1 Viewer)

ndsutcliffe

SkyBlue136
Taken off Carrapateira this morning. Firstly, just to confirm that these are Razorbills? I estimate 300 - 400 passed through in about 2 and a half hours.

IMG_7157.JPGIMG_7374.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Interspersed with them (about 1 in 20) were what look like Puffins?

IMG_7002.JPGIMG_7864.JPG

and also a few groups on their own

IMG_7563.JPG

There appeared to be a few birds with amore slender bill - possibly a photographic issue - but possibly Guillemots?

IMG_7086.JPGIMG_7817.JPG

And some Gulls around - mostly uninteresting, but is this a Common Gull?

IMG_7122.JPG

Would appreciate confirmation/correction - thanks.

7 is certainly a Guillemot, less sure about 8, strikes me as more like another Razorbill.
I thought the face pattern is better for raz and the bill is indeterminate. Ground colour useless as no other birds as reference but the tail seems fairly long which on balance is a stronger feature IMO. Totally get your point though and probably one to leave in the gu/ra bin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back