• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alison Steadman's Shetland ITV1 Part1/1 21.00-22.00pm Tuesday 24/6/2014 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

This looks interesting as a programme for all bird lovers on ITV1 tonight.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week26/alison-steadman’s-shetland#.U6mSz0AmXKg

I cannot find the link for ITV1 I-player at the moment at the moment. The documentary is on at 21.00-22.00pm (Freeview Channel ITV1))
......or the **plus one** which is ITV1 at 22.00-23.00pm (Freeview 33 +1)

The Radio Times has a P85 review of the programme though it sounds a little weak - it all depends how keen the person is who wrote the pick of the day programmes in the first place for Tuesday 24/6/2014 - might be debatable in itself.

Add on here: I see that there is an article about the lady involved Page 21-23 in the Radio times (21-17 June 2014) - and I read it and it is of interest!

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Hope the programme is better than the advertising. Radio Times has an interview in which AS swears she is not a twitcher but the nitwits at the magazine still call her one in the programme blurb.

Good luck: think I'm going to skip it.

John

I thought it was pretty good great footage only thing that was annoying was her complaining about the weather.

Some of the footage was good, although it was unfortunate that it didn't match up to where she was most of the time, i.e. general footage of places around Shetland when she was describing being at the opposite end.

Some nice footage but I did feel somewhat disappointed although I'm struggling to put my finger on why exactly. She seemed a bit quick to want to move on all the time from experiences she said she had waited all her life for. I didn't think much of her bits 'to camera' in her car either.

And petty though this is I was annoyed by the fact she wore at least three different coats throughout the programme.

She seemed a bit quick to want to move on all the time from experiences she said she had waited all her life for.
And petty though this is I was annoyed by the fact she wore at least three different coats throughout the programme.

Not a proper birder on both counts. I bet the coats weren't even suitably distressed. ;)

John

A frothy programme, I found nothing to object to, taking into account its general public target audience. The high point was recognising the shape of the cliffs at the gannetry and spotting where Albert had his nest all those years ago (nearly 20 years since I made that particular pilgrimage).

James

"Head north of the UK".......she says.

Shetland is part of Scotland, which is, for now at least, still part of the UK.

You're all being too kind, it was a bloody awful programme.

Alison Steadman is indeed a very good actor, but ironically I got the feeling she couldn't cover up the fact that she couldn't wait to get back to London!

Shetland doesn't need a celebrity to make it look interesting!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back