• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alpbach area Early August (1 Viewer)

Odonate

Hi all

I'm struggling to find info on this area and wondered if anyone could help? I'm going to be there on a family holiday in the first week of August and hoping to see some of the Alpine specialities I have missed in other parts. Owls, Woodpeckers, Citril Finch and Grouse would be my main targets. I see that Zell am See looks promising but wondered if anyone had some good sites a bit closer?

Thanks

Rich

I only know the vulture area in national park Hohe Tauern near Rauris.

Check
www.ornitho.at
choice
"Letzten 15 Tage" which means last 15 days
"Salzburg"
"ZE"
"mäßig Häufige" means rather a bit rare

Look for
Dreihzehenspechte means Three-toed Woodpeckers
Birkhuhn means Black Grouse

or
"JO"

Look for
"Sperlingskäuze" means Pygmy Owl

Citril Finch, I think so far in the east, is low chance.

If You fly via Munich, I can give You much more information.

Thanks for the info, I've had a look and have got some good ideas. I am passing Munich but in the car so won't have time to stop unfortunately as we are driving from the UK but thanks for the offer!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back