• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazed at the Customer Care from Vortex (2 Viewers)

Can't fault their CS myself. Bought a used Razor 65 scope which had a notchy focus wheel and Vortex UK arranged for me to pick up a new one from Cleyspy.
Briliant

Vortex ought to be good at it. They get lots of practice fixing broken stuff.
What you say makes no sense, no sense whatsoever.
They can only offer the warranty the do because warranty returns are low.
If the product was as bad as you seem to think they wouldn't be in business. You can't resist having a pop at Vortex. Still, if it makes you happy.

Last edited:
I only have excellent news about the Vip Vortex guarantee

Years ago my Vortex Vulture 15x56 fell to the ground from a high height and broke in 2

I contacted Vortex, I sent the broken Vulture and as there was no repair, they asked me which binocular model I would like to replace the Vulture, I made the suggestion for Kaibab HD 18x56 and I was answered, I received the new binocular at my house without spending money any

10 days after receiving the Kaibab, they sent a Vulture HD 15x56, so that I could have the best experience with the brand, I couldn't believe it, I thought they were wrong, and I made myself available to return the new Vulture, thinking it was a mistake of logistics.

But no, they gave it to me as a gift.

I recently had a small problem with Kaibab, I activated the VORTEX VIP guarantee, in less than 10 days, I received at my house, Vortex UHD 8x42, as I had requested in the guarantee

The company is spectacular

I'm a big fan of the brand

We can use your equipment with care, but if something happens, I know that Vortex will solve it in the best possible way.

Long live Vortex

I have to jump on the Vortex bandwagon. In 2017 I bought my first pair of decent binos when I started birding, Vortex Diamondback 8x42. I used them hard for about 2 years when the focus wheel became virtually unusable. I was about ready for a new pair anyway so I stuffed these in the closet after the new pair arrived, intending to send them in at some point. Well out of sight out of mind, that point came Sept. 22. 2022. I sent them an email and they replied with a label and directions for mailing. I got them back today, 10/14, and they're like a new pair! It didn't cost me a cent. I don't know how they survive. Thanks Vortex!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back