• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Android app for filming / streaming bird table from old phone with motion detection (1 Viewer)

briansy

United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am wanting to use my Samsung s20 as a camera to record live footage of my bird table. I have two other cameras supplied by Green feathers which use their apps but I can't use the green feathers apps on just a random phone.

So I am looking for a recording app that has motion detection that I can also stream to an app or website or whatever.

I have the IT man here at my house now so any quick responses would be greatly appreciated!

You can try some of this to see if any works:
  1. Alfred Camera: This is a popular app that lets you turn any old phone into a security camera. It offers motion detection, live streaming, and cloud storage. You can download the app on both your old phone and your current phone, and use the current phone to view the live feed from the bird table.
  2. IP Webcam: This app turns your old phone into a network camera with multiple viewing options, including live streaming on a web browser, and motion detection. It also has features like night vision, time-lapse recording, and video stabilization.
  3. Manything: This app offers similar features as the above two, such as live streaming, motion detection, and cloud recording. It also allows you to set motion detection zones and sensitivity levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back