• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anna’s Hummingbird Nest Camera! (1 Viewer)

Zack T

United States
I had an Anna’s Hummingbird create a nest and lay two eggs this past week. The eggs were laid on 7 and 5 days ago (two days apart). Live stream is coming soon, but here is a sneak peek!

Located: Bay Area, CA
Estimated hatch date: March 13-17

You can also see the videos on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCWZtaSpUdCLi4b3Qej-Jssw

Attachments

• 32B73796-AD3D-49AC-AF8C-1BC55E171E9B.jpeg
    32B73796-AD3D-49AC-AF8C-1BC55E171E9B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3933.MOV
    799.7 KB
  • IMG_3893.MOV
    2.6 MB
Very cute, and what a lucky place for her to build the nest!

I'm a bit concerned about one of the videos, though. It looks like the camera is being held in someone's hand, moving around the nest. You never want to do anything like that with an active nest- it stresses the parents and can scare them into staying off the nest too long, or even abandoning it entirely. A remote camera is generally okay, but approaching the nest yourself, particularly to film it (with what looks to the birds like a big scary eye), is extremely ill-advised.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back