• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Cherry Specimen Arrives From Meopta USA (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
We have been looking for a deal on the 10x32 Meostar for a couple of years since our purchase of the Meostar B1.1 8x32 back in 2018. So when Meopta USA emailed us regarding their sales on the Meostar we ordered the B1.1 10x32 on the 25th and they arrived today. No surprises, they arrived with no issues just like our 8x32 pair. From the hinge to the focus wheel, eyecups and diopter. Everything moves and operates as you would expect. Tack sharp and the eye relief is adequate for our glasses. Considering everything Meopta offers, from their Alpha like view to their high quality tank like build. Still selling for a 3rd of those other top European brands, I think they are the Best Buy on the market.

we ordered the B1.1 10x32... ...Still selling for a 3rd of those other top European brands
Congratulations. But online I only see a sale on some original B1s for $718, while other 10x32s (1.1/plus) seem currently unavailable.

Congratulations. But online I only see a sale on some original B1s for $718, while other 10x32s (1.1/plus) seem currently unavailable.

When I was notified(emailed) by Meopta USA, I went to their website immediately. Both were available on the 25th when I looked, the B1 and the B1.1 10x32. We ordered the 10x32 B1.1 right away. After I placed our order, I went back to their web site to verify that we received all the discounts in our total purchase price and then I saw that the B1.1 10x32 were Sold Out but still had the B1 version still available. I must have purchased the last pair. We paid $704.69 after all the discounts were applied, tax added to the total shipped to us was $754.54. This was the first time I saw the B1.1 10x32 under $800 since we stared lookin back in 2019. I have seen some dealers on Ebay selling these for $899. , while others still on the internet asking close to a $1,000. Besides the attractive sales price from Meopta USA Direct, I figured I would have a better chance of getting a good specimen from them rather than a dealer else where and end up with one of their returns with issues. If we did have a problem I figured we would be better served dealing with Meopta direct with our purchase. If the B1’s are still available for $718 with the 10 percent discount, that’s a great price and your not dealing with a dealer trying to unload possible returns with issues.

Sorry if some of this diverts a bit from the thread though related to the topic. Could someone please give this information, which I need urgently? Apologies and thanks!

(1) What is/are the difference/s between the B1 and B1.1 models? I've gone through many threads in BirdForum, etc. but cannot find a clear answer.

The next 3 queries are on the 10x42 HD and 15x56 HD.

(2) Where do I search on the internet for a B-Plus used/demo in excellent optical condition in the US at a much lower price than new in the US?

(3) Where do I search on the internet for a B-Plus either new or used/demo in excellent optical condition outside the US at a much lower price than new in the US?

(4) Where do I search on the internet for a pre-B-Plus (B1 or B1.1) in excellent optical condition in the US or elsewhere?

24hourcampfire and Rockslide are two of the best for used optics of any make. Be advised these are outdoor/hunting sites and thin skinned people may get offended. Pretty sure there are a set of 15x's on there right now.

Hi adhoc,

Re your first question:

The B1.1 added a locking diopter and multi-position eyecups
see posts #8 and 19 at: What is B1.1?

(And the B1 Plus has the new style RA covering and colour options, and updated coatings
see: New MeoStar B1 Plus Binoculars )

John
We had the B1.1 Plus Meostar 8x32 for a short while and compared it to our B1.1 8x32 Meostar. We found the New Armor on the Plus version more pleasing to the eye and more comfortable to handle but with our eyes we preferred the view Optically more with our B1.1 8x32 Meostar. We sent the B1.1 Plus back and just kept our B1.1 version.

We have been looking for a deal on the 10x32 Meostar for a couple of years since our purchase of the Meostar B1.1 8x32 back in 2018. So when Meopta USA emailed us regarding their sales on the Meostar we ordered the B1.1 10x32 on the 25th and they arrived today. No surprises, they arrived with no issues just like our 8x32 pair. From the hinge to the focus wheel, eyecups and diopter. Everything moves and operates as you would expect. Tack sharp and the eye relief is adequate for our glasses. Considering everything Meopta offers, from their Alpha like view to their high quality tank like build. Still selling for a 3rd of those other top European brands, I think they are the Best Buy on the market.
Correction to the above Meostar B1.1 8x32 I mentioned . We purchased it in March of 2020 not 2018, I must have had a Senior Moment and we still have it. For those who might be interested. I am now selling these in the Classified Section here.

Attachments

• 09361FD3-15DC-4D52-9299-2A5EE26B221F.jpeg
    09361FD3-15DC-4D52-9299-2A5EE26B221F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 501A82F9-0DD0-493D-A07E-72C1D540FCCC.jpeg
    501A82F9-0DD0-493D-A07E-72C1D540FCCC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Thank you!

Jgraider, I combed those two sites, but could not find a B1 or B1.1 15x56 currently for sale.

John, compared with B1.1, Meopta's website states, also, "B1 Plus features enhanced optical tolerances to provide even sharper images and greater optical performance."

Just went for a new B1 Plus! It is USD 1,570 at B&H and 2,100 at most other retailers in the US (ratio 3 to 4!), I was disappointed 1½ years ago when a major US optics retailer let me down on a discounted offer, and now worried I may lose the chance at B&H. It may be weeks, though, before the bino actually reaches me (for logistical reasons to do with me).

PS. B&H took USD 30 off that price above when I said I did not want the bundled freebie item!

Last edited:
I just checked the Meopta USA Store , they no longer list any B1/ B1.1 Meostars. It seems that these are getting pretty hard to find and if you can find a pair New from any dealers, the prices are still on the high side compared to what they were selling for a couple of weeks ago.

I just checked the Meopta USA Store , they no longer list any B1/ B1.1 Meostars. It seems that these are getting pretty hard to find and if you can find a pair New from any dealers, the prices are still on the high side compared to what they were selling for a couple of weeks ago.
There is a 15x56 HD Meostar for sale on Rokslide as of this morning.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back