• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are these people Birders ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can have my feelings but I don't act on them like you do and I obey the law. I'll also tell you, I am an expert marksman so guns are not a problem here either. You are becoming extremely tiresome when something has to be repeated over and over again.

You can say that again! I have never stated that I break the law and I have never suggested that anyone outside of our state programs should cull the Brown Headed Cowbird. This becomes tiresome, too. People have called me a liar and put words in my mouth (like you just did) and I'm tired of it, too. Yep, it does get old. I have been accused of a list of false claims, proven them wrong and never had a single apology. Try walking into a group that asks you in to be a target. Then defend your way through it without a single shread of anything other than emotion to back up any single attack against me. You think that it's tiresome? Been there, done that.

You didn't answer my question.

Mark

Steve, Mary , Snowy Owl, Jos, & others,

I agree that the thread started with the inhumane abuse of birds. There is absolutely no justification for this, and some of the posts on the PUMA site exibited this. Draco (BTW, I'm surprised no-one has brought up the fact that the original Draco was a Greek lawmaker who advocated the death penalty for just about every wrongful act) needs to get people who do so off his site, to edit any such posts, and to endeavor to have them removed from the PUMA community. He has, in my opinion, been far too slow and reluctant to do this. However, I joined in when the actual issue of starling and sparrow damage was begun to be questioned, and have pretty faithfully followed that issue ever since, which has been strong on this thread - and is still present, despite the re-raising, quite validly, of the inhumanity issue. I did decry the abuse at the very start, but there seemed to be general agreement about that, including from Draco (though he didn't, it seems as I haven't looked, do much about it on his site) so I didn't address it again. I feel that despite the nastiness, which would be understandable if Draco and others were defending the cruelty, but seems also to have been expressed when non-cruelty issues were discuessed, the thread has raised some good issues about invasive species, and these issues were followed by many. But to say it again - cruelty of any form should not be tolerated, and those encouraging or practising it should not have a voice on websites such as the PUMA one. Draco, I think, should post a warning every time he receives a post that smacks of enjoyment of killing or injuring birds of any kind, introduced or not, that such an outlook is not acceptable in the PUMA community. He has an opportunity to educate PUMA people on his site as to best practices. Until he does so I think there is valid criticism aimed at the site.

Draco is also King of the Dragon-Men

at least according to Man or Astroman (obscure surf guitar band but very good!)

Dave.... me you n Draco would make a nice menage-a-trois in chat sometime?

Tim

Perfectly put pemburung the bit about the inhumane abuse of birds(exactly what Steve, Mary , Snowy Owl, Jos, & others had been trying to say from page 1) I think we should now leave this thread here.

Feel free to open another one on related topics if you so wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back