• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aru islands, Indonesia (1 Viewer)

smaximo

Hi,
I will visit Indonesia in July 2024, and I would really like to see and photograph the Great birds of paradise in Aru island.
It seems it's not so easy to find information about travelling there.

Does someone has some info about logistics and if there are some guides available?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks! I have actually found that company online before, but I was wondering if there were some local guides/companies that normally work in the area.

I'll try to contact that one anyway.

Hi,
I will visit Indonesia in July 2024, and I would really like to see and photograph the Great birds of paradise in Aru island.
It seems it's not so easy to find information about travelling there.

Does someone has some info about logistics and if there are some guides available?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, I too cannot find information? Did you happen to find anything? I know one can just show up and find local guides in the Beliem Valley but I can't find anything like that for Aru.

Hi, I too cannot find information? Did you happen to find anything?

Did you try to contact Loic (see above)? I wonder as I will hopefully be close to Aru island somewhere next year and am contemplating visiting the island.
I know one can just show up and find local guides in the Beliem Valley but I can't find anything like that for Aru.
Do you reckon Baliem valley is OK to visit these days...? AFAIK the whole area around lake Habbema is still a no-go zone because conflicts / frictions in the area and visiting tourists not welcomed. Last visits by birders were 2 years ago. Wamena and some sites N and NE of town have been visited by e.g. Birdtourasia last year but they didn't get to see the complete set of goodies, due to these restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back