• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Automation of Bat Sound analysis (2 Viewers)

I've had some success installing the following program into a linux container on my laptop:

I think it only has UK species programmed, but even so is a big improvement on manual sound analysis if anyone is interested. Rattles thru sound files in a matter of seconds and produces text files with the results.

(I also installed an android app called Drivesync, the paid version allows unlimited folders and filesize to automatically upload from my phone to google drive, so any files generated by the android batrecorder will be waiting on google drive for processing by the time I get to my laptop!)

Last edited:
I have considered subscribing to some cloud computing platform to automatically process files and send the results back to me.
My ultimate goal would be a notification on my smart watch haha. But I think I'll stick with processing them on my laptop for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back