• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ba**ard CAT..OMG I want to kill it! (1 Viewer)

SAD, sad news...I am so bloody ANGRY. Came home this morning to find next doors cat actually sitting on the collard doves nest..Actually sitting on it for Gods sake. God only knows how the thing got into the bush? What appears to be two white eggs are broken on the ground below the bush. PEG the robin is nowhere to be seen and I can't get in enough to see if any eggs have been left unattended. I can only sit and watch to see if PEG comes back.
I almost wanted to get the cat by it's neck and kill it. I feel such hate towards the creature and I'm feeling anger to it's owners (old couple next door - lovely - kind - helpful - patient for throwing the kids balls back over). I don't want to talk to them for fear of diclosing how much I HATE THEIR BLASTED PET. I swear if I hadn't been so reserved and in control i would have been crule to another living creature...
I know that it's in the cats nature to stalk / hunt / eat birds --- but when I've invested such passion and time in these birds who have chosen MY GARDEN to nest in I can't help but feel HATE towards the cat...
There is nothing anybody can say that's going to bring the birds back, or change what's happened.. I hope and pray that PEG comes back and that the cat has got enough sence to keep away.

SAD MAD PETE

Sorry to hear about that.. we have cats on both sides of us one an oldish black one and the other a young mink colured thing. At present the slightest warning call I am out there to see what is troubling. I even invested in some cat deterent granules to see if that works...might see if I can get some citronella oil and put it on the fence where they come in....they are supposed to hate the smell of it

I am so very sorry to hear you've lost your beloved birds to the neighbor's "pet." It is infuriating, I know. When I found the wings and feathers on my porch of a Mockingbird I'd watch nest for years this old combat veteran damned near cried. It's so very sad they didn't respect your property rights and keep their own "precious" pet indoors!

Hi, I would recommend using a catapult and plasticine pellets to train your neighbor's cat to not go over to your area. Hit them often enough they will not come over... Cheers

Oh this cat knew I already hated it. I only had to open the back door for it to scarper but this was at 06:30 hrs and the bloody thing knows no one is around. It knew it was close to a painfull encounter this morning if I had got hold of it. I am not waiting for it to come in on the very rare occassions that it does. It seriously runs the risk of injury if it comes in again because I will lobb the first thing that comes to hand at it...
Footnote...No sign of PEG the robin. The nest material is disturbed. Certainly no sign of the dove.

Here's hoping your robin made it. Once you've cooled down you might consider taking the broken eggs next door and offering them to the cat's owner for the cat to finish later. I did this once with some bantam chickens my children were raising and a neighbor's two dogs killed. The neighbor came out just as I was dumping the bodies into his yard. I told him I thought his dogs might want to eat them later. He offered to pay for them, but I refused, saying they had been childrens pets and no amount of money would pay for their loss. I never saw those dogs loose again.

NICE! Problem being inthis case is that the cat will need to go out and I can't hold the owners responsible for a cats instinct. They are lovely people and they do stuff for us. I will just have to come to terms with the episode and HELP THE CAT LEARN again if / when necessary. Thanks for all your support.
Have just checked the robins nest and there's still no sign of her...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back