• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BBC Wildlife magazine book reviews (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

I wonder if any of you here read BBC Wildlife magazine? Several months ago they stopped reviewing books which I thought was disappointing. While the reviews weren't in depth, it was good to get a heads up about what was new.

What are your favourite sources for learning about new books? Blogs? This website? Other publications? Coming soon section of retailer websites or even the publisher websites? Social media?

As Melanie says NHBS is a good source of upcoming books. British Birds does some decent reviews of bird books & also British Wildlife for any natural history titles that are relevant to the UK.

I use NHBS too, good to support an independent bookseller.

Must say I've never read an issue of British Birds or British Wildlife, although I have toyed with the idea of trying the latter.

I use NHBS too, good to support an independent bookseller.

Must say I've never read an issue of British Birds or British Wildlife, although I have toyed with the idea of trying the latter.
I get both & particularly recommend the latter if you have broad natural history interests. I don't read everything, but plenty to keep me informed on the taxa I'm interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back