• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Berat, Albania - ID help (1 Viewer)

hi All

Any ideas re ID of the birds in the photos below, taken while travelling in Albania (near Barat) a few years ago,

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Barat Albania July 2019 (1).JPG
    Barat Albania July 2019 (1).JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 118
  • Barat Albania July 2019 (2).JPG
    Barat Albania July 2019 (2).JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 118
  • Barat Albania July 2019 (3).JPG
    Barat Albania July 2019 (3).JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 106
  • Barat Albania July 2019 (4).JPG
    Barat Albania July 2019 (4).JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 117
@Sangahyando Could be Sitta neumayer also possible? I saw Sitta neumayer this year near Berat! I can not differentiate them with this pictures! @mounteden11 where exactly did you take the pictures? The habitat could be important!
Best regards.
Christoph

@Sangahyando Could be Sitta neumayer also possible? I saw Sitta neumayer this year near Berat! I can not differentiate them with this pictures! @mounteden11 where exactly did you take the pictures? The habitat could be important!
Best regards.
Christoph
Sitta neumayer = Rock Nuthatch. The pale underside without rufous tones, combined with the rather long bill should exclude European Nuthatch in the OP's pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back