• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best 10x42 binos under £200 in the UK (1 Viewer)

Alex194

England
Hi! The title says it all really, I'm looking to spend less than £200 and I'm happy to buy used.

I've seen some interesting new offerings, like the Opticron Oregon 4 PC Oasis, that appear to tick all the boxes. I've also heard Hawke binos are excellent for the money. Though I do understand I could likely get a better deal used and I am willing to buy used if a suggested pair comes up in price.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed!

Cheers

Hi! The title says it all really, I'm looking to spend less than £200 and I'm happy to buy used.

I've seen some interesting new offerings, like the Opticron Oregon 4 PC Oasis, that appear to tick all the boxes. I've also heard Hawke binos are excellent for the money. Though I do understand I could likely get a better deal used and I am willing to buy used if a suggested pair comes up in price.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed!

Cheers
Vortex Diamondback in 32mm. Throw another $30-$40 in and go for the 42mm, and even better optically is the Oberwerk 8x32 ED SE or even the 10x42. For the price point I don’t think you can find better optics , Oby is serious glass.

Keep in mind most everything at this price will be made in China. If that matters to you. The thing about binoculars is that they can last for decades (if made well) and not become obsolete. So I’d say , save up over Time and buy yourself something nice that you can have for years to come.

Paul

Thanks for the tips. Would Opticron Natural BGA ED 10x42 for £290 be a bargain worth getting?

Opticron Natura BGA ED 10x42 Binoculars

Any chance of making any of these optics events? Good way to compare models.

Or maybe you've already picked up the demo Natura 10x42 from Birders Store...

This would be a decent fit for budget of thread title :

Good luck.
Thanks for that, but I have already splurged £80 over budget on some ex-demo Opticron nature BGA ED 10x42s. They will arrive tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back