• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best bird place near Mont-Saint-Michel (1 Viewer)

jurek

I will visit Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy. What is the best place for birding half a day or several hours free, with a car? At best it would have big concentrations of waders or seabirds not common inland.

When will you go exactly ?
I don't know the Normandy side of the Mont Saint Michel but on the Brittany side, I'd say anywhere between la Chapelle Sainte Anne and the village of Cherrueix is good for big wader flocks, gulls, shelducks and brant geese. Be aware that high tide is best so the all those birds come closer to the shore and form roosts, you can drive along the coastal road and check where those roosts are.

A visit to the Marais the Sougéal, not too far from le Mont itself can be good for ducks (especially shovelers, garganey and pintail) in early spring (there's usually a few waders present too).

There's a local guide that can arrange day trips I think (check out the Birding Mont Saint Michel website).

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back