• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (2 Viewers)

I am thinking of setting up a BF'er pager service - possibly with SMS and email notifications too - anyone interested in subscribing?

helenol said:
Two so far.

Deboo with young
Rogerk and wife

Another BF sighting possible tomorrow....

Ooh, is that the beginnings of a list I see before me Helen? Surely not ;)

Oh help...I don't think 've seen many! Trouble is, I rabbit on quite happily to folks in the field but don't actually get their names! I could have a list in double figures for all I know!!! The ones I DO know I've had...

Michael Frankis, Tom Tams, Martin Kitchen...that's it as far as I know!

GILL

Just wait 'til the Oop North Bash, Gill. You add 'one or two' there. Including some that only a very few have seen in the field.

Another member of the less than 5 club!

I've got a scottishdude, americanjohn, and oakdryad5 on my list. Would like to a get look at the diminutive Darrenom as well as many other intriguing British specimens.

janine13 said:
I've got a scottishdude, americanjohn, and oakdryad5 on my list. Would like to a get look at the diminutive Darrenom as well as many other intriguing British specimens.
Now there's an offer I simply cannot refuse, I'll be very showy and obliging when you visit, Janine.;)

A few of us are meeting up at Paxton Pits in a couple of weeks and it got me thinking.........

As we all know that we are going to be there, does that make it a mass twitch?

After all, there's nothing like finding your own is there?

Got a couple of our Fenno-skandian correspondents on my summer hit-list though.

I'm sorry to admit that currently my list is just 2 - Geoff Brown and NigelBlake...

I shall just have to start trying harder - does anyone know of a good field guide?

postcardcv said:
I'm sorry to admit that currently my list is just 2 - Geoff Brown and NigelBlake...

I shall just have to start trying harder - does anyone know of a good field guide?

What about the members' faces gallery??

Adey Baker said:
Not very practical for a 'Field' Guide - unless you print them all off!

You could just print off a few as a simple tick-list for a particular area that you may be visiting. Obviously, it's no good printing out the photo of Tammie if you're going to Japan, for instance. ;)

1. CJW
2. SRWilliams
3. Martin Garner
4. Paj
5. Lee Evans
6. Steve Round
7. Phil W

I'm gradually collecting up my NW endemics! The Steve Round was particularly pleasing since I manage though great field work to see him and I don't think he saw me!

Only 2 so far. Sad really. SimonC and Rogerk at Titchwell, showing nicely. Hope to add a few more in the next week or so. (You know who you are)!!

I wonder how many BFer's we have actually met without knowing it. Hmmmm.

Can you tick retrospectively?

Jane Turner said:
1. CJW
2. SRWilliams
3. Martin Garner
4. Paj
5. Lee Evans
6. Steve Round
7. Phil W

I'm gradually collecting up my NW endemics! The Steve Round was particularly pleasing since I manage though great field work to see him and I don't think he saw me!
I assume your list is in 'Value' order Jane! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back