• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

Met two BF Members for the first time in the Donana area of Spain this week;

1.John Butler,who many will know runs a local guiding business in the area and who has a wealth of knowledge of birding in that region;gave me precise directions for Pin-Tailed Sandgrouse and Crested Coot,to name but two,thanks,John!

2.Richard Dunn,from Northumberland,in whose company I spent a most enjoyable couple of hours watching the likes of Whiskered and Black Tern, Short-Toed Eagle and a regular fly-by of Squacco Heron.

Still only 2 in SimonC and Rogerk. Heard but not seen Steve, deboo and Helenol and had a major dip with a Tom McKinney last night! Hoping to connect with an Edward and a Karwin this year! If I can get time off work!

Here we go then - don't blink or you'll miss it:

Andrew
Darrell Clegg
James Armstrong
John Cantelo
Lee Evans
Padraig
RobinM
Woody

Also a possible Gerry Hooper: his avatar does look familiar.

Met John Poyner recently in Scotland - but only realised he was a BF`er afterwards - does this count as an armchair tick?

CJW, SRWilliams, Martin Garner, Paj, Lee Evans, Steve Round, Phil W

and now John o'Sullivan.... last seen in the field in the early 80's :)

Double figures in sight!

Forgot all about this thread. Needs to be updated - so:

Seen:
Deboo with young
Rogerk with wife
Padraig

Heard but not seen:
Darrenom
Fuchsia
PDuxon

Do the heard but not seen count as ticks?

Helen: sorry; the oracle has already spoken:

CJW said:
1) "Heard only" members only count as pencil ticks. The tickee must be spoken to in person for a full tick. "Heard only" records may, however, be followed by "observed only" records and become a full tick. "Heard Only" and "Observed Only" records may be used as year ticks IF the member is already on your life list.
2) As you must have spoken to the individual concerned it is up to you to determine the true identity of him/her.

CJW
(Self appointed policy executive)

Thanks for that Jason. To be honest, I was too lazy to go through the thread again searching for the rules. ;)

At least I have 3 pencil ticks then...

Suppose twitchers like Lee are easy ticks....they get everywhere....the real good ticks must be the patch workers in remote places.....

you'll have to come over here for some of the Norfolk boys.....we don't disperse very far, though prone to long distance migration at times......if you see me outside Norfolk i'm practically an 'escape' and almost certainly not on birding business - does not actively birding count too?

Well reading that lot has kept me amused for some while!

Sadly fior me just two real ticks

Postcardcv
and
Nigel Blake

I need to swat up on my identification skills I think, maybe I'll get more tomorrow whilst looking for honey buzzards at Great Ryburgh.

Gillian

Jane Turner said:
CJW, SRWilliams, Martin Garner, Paj, Lee Evans, Steve Round, Phil W

and now John o'Sullivan.... last seen in the field in the early 80's :)

Double figures in sight!

This is getting too easy.. 9.Phil Ternouth - another armchair tick.... last seen in the field about 5 years ago at Red Rocks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back