• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

Jane Turner said:
This is getting too easy.. 9.Phil Ternouth - another armchair tick.... last seen in the field about 5 years ago at Red Rocks
Confirm multiple sightings - RR about 10 times in all (remember the hobby belting through the mist at 6:30 am ?) various pubs in the area and Stapleton woods when I was too sleepy to recognise the Green Wood yaffling in my ear ?

I "dipped" on adding any BFers to my list when I was in Indiana. It seems my time of arrival there did not coincide with the "migratory schedule" of the BFers in the area (who migrate from northern Indiana to southern Indiana from time to time). Maybe next time! So my list still stands at "1" (Grousemore). I will undoubtedly double my list before too long.

Larry Lade said:
I "dipped" on adding any BFers to my list when I was in Indiana. It seems my time of arrival there did not coincide with the "migratory schedule" of the BFers in the area (who migrate from northern Indiana to southern Indiana from time to time). Maybe next time! So my list still stands at "1" (Grousemore). I will undoubtedly double my list before too long.

At least you have quality rather than quantity,Larry!
After this weekend,I've totalled mine and have 18 confirmed and,unfortunately,2 heard(subsequently) only's!

looking for a bumper day at Birdfair - come to the OBC stand and give me some easy ticks - plus you can tick me marshalling the 'Forktail Palace' midfield to certain defeat in the OBC Conservation Cup.

CJW said:
<snipped>
and one very high profile tick that will grip a few people off.
Hope to get a few more ticks in June.....

Chris
Who's that then? Lee Evans, the stand-up comedian or the birder, ;)

Jane Turner said:
This is getting too easy.. 9.Phil Ternouth - another armchair tick.... last seen in the field about 5 years ago at Red Rocks

Now in double figures and yet another armchair tick...10. Mike Pennington seen in his natural habitat - Baltasound.

Well snaffled a Mick East in the reception area at Rye Meads. He was resplendant in updated BF plumage.

Up to 15.

I've had a few recently that I forgot about...

Coley, Phil Davis, John Malloy, Reader, and I've also remebered that I have Michael Frankis from last year although he'll never guess how...! :)

Grousemore has been the only one on my list for quite some time. I "dipped" on adding to my list when I was out in Indiana recently. Then, I remembered that I have one that I forgot to list. I have seen "phalarope" on numerous occasions. So that made two on my list. Today I added a third, lassa8. He (along with his girlfriend) and I birded the oxbow lakes region just south of Saint Joseph. He was able to add some "lifers" to his list. One bird he was wanting was the Western Kingbird. We saw about ten of them, including an adult bird feeding four recently fledged young. However, we "dipped" on the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. They just were not showing today. Our outing was enjoyable, it was just too short (about two hours). Perhaps next time we can make it a half day trip.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back