• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (2 Viewers)

I mentioned on another thread that I was an easy armchair tick for anyone at the BBWF. I accompanied Nick Baker on both WEX safaris (Saturday and Sunday - thanks Nick) and I was the only one who wore the Owlbert costume all w/e. Not to mention the gaudy two tone cut down jeans/shorts I wore all w/e too. If anyone has been to the RSPB Members Weekend or AGM over the last 2.5 years then they will also have seen me there (two previous BBWF also). The Old Moor and Minsmere Family days and The Lodge Feed The Birds event (watch the website for the forthcoming programme in October) in 2003.

digi-birder said:
Now on 75 - someone I know recently joined BF. Added to original list.
It doesn't count unless they've posted.
We're getting a bit slack on complying with the rules recently. I think I'll have to start clamping down on spurious goings on - especially by the those with overtly excessive numbers on their lists.

CJW said:
We're getting a bit slack on complying with the rules recently. I think I'll have to start clamping down on spurious goings on - especially by the those with overtly excessive numbers on their lists.

you armchair BFers a bit jealous of us BF twitchers Chris ;)

CJW said:

Well that's OK then, cos he has posted several times!!

pduxon said:
you armchair BFers a bit jealous of us BF twitchers Chris ;)

I've gone for quality rather than quantity Pete! Although I do have one or two 'tart's ticks' on my list! ;)

Andrew said:
Introductions don't count, they have to be roaming wild for some time first!! ;)

Yes I can see the scene

Bluetail - "Andrew can I introduce you to a Long Billed Dowitcher"
Andrew - " No Jason introudctions don't count"

Last edited:
How did the conversation go at Birdfair?

There's a member!

Yes I know, but I didn't speak to him yet

Do you speak to birds?

Well, no, but.....

There you go then ;)

Do you want a list or not, Helen?

Ya gotta play the rules in your favour! ;)

Not that we were cheating in any way, Chris, really!!

Sorry I meant 'introductions' as in imports like Great Bustards.

Recruiting members and ticking them as soon as they join. No, no, wait until they become senior members!!!! :t:

CJW said:
1) You must have spoken to, in person, the member you're ticking.

Helen/Diane, I think the very 1st rule of this thread should clear up any doubts as to what you can and can't tick.
Time for a little pruning methinks.
Stringers.

CJW said:
Time for a little pruning methinks.
Stringers.
And me thinks not. Notice I said "yet" in my above post. Since I was on the BF stand, it was kind of inevitable I would end up speaking to them, or at least saying hello.

Also, anyone who attended the bird fair and was on the BF stand for most of the time was bound to pick up quite a few ticks! If not, I don't think Admin would have been happy chappys if no members would have stopped by to introduce themselves. ;)

Mick Allen ticked at a Bird Club walk this weekend. Brings my grand total to a whopping 5.

Helenol
Alan_Rymer
Green Fields (Ollie)
Andy Bright
Mick Allen

Not sure if I'm allowed Ian Peters, saw and spoke to him at the Birdfair, but didn't realise he was a member until later. Is this an armchair tick?

Benjismum said:
Mick Allen ticked at a Bird Club walk this weekend. Brings my grand total to a whopping 5.

Helenol
Alan_Rymer
Green Fields (Ollie)
Andy Bright
Mick Allen

Not sure if I'm allowed Ian Peters, saw and spoke to him at the Birdfair, but didn't realise he was a member until later. Is this an armchair tick?
As long as you're happy with the identification, tick away!

Edward said:
I've spoken to "Reader" on the phone. Does that go on the "heard but not seen" list, along with Dupont's Lark?

E
Ooh, I doubt it Edward.
What did the Dupont's Lark have to say for itself? And have you got it's number?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back