• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (2 Viewers)

Helenelizabeth2 said:
Oh, good. Do let us know your whereabouts, won't you (and key id features). As you can see, my list is pitiful and it would be good to boost it with some out-of-area exotics!

This species of Sandra is fat with purple or pink markings - streaks and blotches - on the head and sometimes purple plumage on the body. Usually seen together with the male of the species, but walking 10 steps behind him.

Sandra
:-O

Tranquility Base said:
The last time I was at Twitchwell, I counted 7 cars with BF stickers! At the Pallid I saw two blokes with stickers! And in the summer there were 4 at Bowling Green Marsh, 2 at Haldon Forest and 5 at East Prawle. All different! And no-one said hello! So how do you lot recognise each other? Or do I need to change my deodorant?
But I do know I've seen 23 of you! (Not counting Allwood, who I follow up the Acle straight occasionally!)
I'll be out Monday with MSR: so you can tick us both if you're near Waxham!
I've met a lot of local birders, but a lot of them don't use Birdforum. Is Pat Mayer a member? John Fortey? I'm sure I've bumped into Kevin Rylands at Dawlish Warren.

Here's my paltry list
1. Sandra Taylor
2. Peterpiper
3. Jimmy2faces
4. FrankieB
5. Delia Todd
6. Bitterntwisted
7. Hotspur
8. Skink1978

This weekend's Bash got me a few more Lifer's:

38: David Kelly
39: Laurence H
40: Turkish Van
41: Terry Cunningham
42: Leghorn
43: Souterman

D

32. David Kelly
33. Laurence H
34. Turkish Van
35. Terry Cunningham
36. Leghorn
37. SAFM

Not far behind you Delia. Dipped on Souterman though.

Last edited:
Andrew Whitehouse said:
32. David Kelly
33. Laurence H
34. Turkish Van
35. Terry Cunningham
36. Leghorn

Not far behind you Delia. Dipped on Souterman though.

Aye, shame that Andrew - he flew in about 10 minutes after you left.

D

Guess I can start mine now :) In order of meeting, to avoid any claims of favouritism

1. Delia Todd
2. SAFM
3. David Kelly
4. Andrew Whitehouse
5. Mark Grubb
6. Laurence H
7. Terry Cunningham

That I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Fred Fearn
2. Farnboro John
3. Dendroica
4. Malc Curtain
5. PhilW
6. Gavin Haig
7. Tom Mckinney
8. Runcorn Birder

More or less chronological, and I'm sure there are many more I didn't know were members when I met them!

James

Erm, if any of you are interested - I'll be knocking about around Potteric Carr possibly tomorrow and almost certainly on Saturday...

...and I don't mind being, erm, "twitched"...
:bounce:

davebenj said:
Erm, if any of you are interested - I'll be knocking about around Potteric Carr possibly tomorrow and almost certainly on Saturday...

...and I don't mind being, erm, "twitched"...
:bounce:

You forgot to mention your identifying features - or refer us to the appropriate reference book. ;)

H

I keep getting armchair ticks as birders I know/have seen already join BF:
27. Simon Wakely
28. Dave Stone
29. Colin Bushell

It's like Water Pipit, Y-L Gull etc.....have the 400 up in no time.... |=)|

forgot about this thread, I got my second after the RB Shrike in Stoke with Dan Pointon back in October. As far as i'm aware I'm somewhat of a rarity... Well it's not everyday you see a British jacana on your patch ;)

1CJW, 2 SRWilliams, 3 Martin Garner, 4 Paj, 5 Lee Evans, 6 Steve Round, 7 Phil W, 8. John o'Sullivan, 9.Phil Ternouth, 10. Mike Pennington,11 Stephen Dunstan, 12 Dee Estuary, 13. Fred Fearn, 14. Tim Allwood, 15. Ilya Maclean

Latest Update:
16. Andy Stoddart, first seen as a fledgeling, most recently seen a few weeks ago and a reterospective tick since he appear to have joined BF.

Keith Dickinson said:
Here's my paltry list
1. Sandra Taylor
2. Peterpiper
3. Jimmy2faces
4. FrankieB
5. Delia Todd
6. Bitterntwisted
7. Hotspur
8. Skink1978

Just remembered that I met up with Symphony this time last year so that takes me up to 9. Soon be at double figures.

1. Delia Todd
2. Deborah4
3. Nigel Blake
4. Jimmy2faces
5. FrankieB
6. Keith Dickinson
7. Hotspur
8. Skink1978
9. Graham Catley

This last one may surprise Mr. Catley, and I consider it quite a tick based on views from over a mile away. He was seen on Sunday 26th under a tree overlooking Whitton Sand, viewed from Alkborough Flats. It's a 3 observer record and the other observers have previous experience of the GPC, so it should get through the committees.

Graham

Helenelizabeth2 said:
You forgot to mention your identifying features - or refer us to the appropriate reference book. ;)

Sorry.
Missed this post until today.
Doesn't really matter though - I was "being elusive" last weekend.

Identifying features:
Late (very!) 40s,
Taller than a Dotterel (about 6'-3"),
Slightly (ahem!) overweight,
Greying and thinning hair (although sometimes seen with a shaved head)
Green fleece/waterproof
Binoculars/Telescope
(the last two should be the clincher...)

Reference book:
The Good Beer Guide wouldn't be a bad place to start.
Either that or The Observer's Book of Dinosaurs.

Last edited:
As I'm sure you all still need me, I'll be at Broadsands later, about 10.30am. ID me by - badge-covered (nearly) BF cap, scope, bins, accompanying mum, small size (age 13).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back