• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (3 Viewers)

Reader said:
I have been reminded that I have also seen Ncampo (Scampo's son) so that is 111 that I can remember.

A clue John...you have met me several times.. I'm crushed you dont remember..

Norfolk (twice)2006 and 2005 and Bempton Cliffs 2006... ;)
also
Deboo
Digibirder
Helenol
pduxon
SimonC
RogerK
Cinyras
Elizabeth Bigg
Ornithopod
Benji's Mum
PostcardCV
Reader
Alan Rymer
John Cantley
Robin
Florrall
plus other half whose names escaped
Florrall2 I think
Woody
Postcard
Jos (a rareity on a migration to UK)Strafford
Jules Sykes
John Butler
Siberian
John Poyner
Mike Coleman
Hugh Harrop
several lurkers on BF (I couldn't name them or I would have to shoot you)
Scott
Ivan
Joser4red
Birdman
Birdthing
Lee Girdlestone
Hornet
Quaker
Nigel Blake
Salty (hallo there!!)
and
has Seth the Gibster Gibson joined yet?
There hopefully will be a new member joining who lives in Bermuda- an Aussie
married to a Brit....who I met birding in Costa Rica...have to wait til he joins...

and no doubt several whose names here and in the outside world are different...and escape me now.

Digibirder used to have a very impressive list over 100....but then she was a mod at one time and went to several Bird Fairs....

Last edited:
1CJW, 2 SRWilliams, 3 Martin Garner, 4 Paj, 5 Lee Evans, 6 Steve Round, 7 Phil W, 8. John o'Sullivan, 9.Phil Ternouth, 10. Mike Pennington,11 Stephen Dunstan, 12 Dee Estuary, 13. Fred Fearn, 14. Tim Allwood, 15. Ilya Maclean 16. Andy Stoddart,

Latest Update:
17. Richard Abr - the Robin photography thread made it clear to me that Richard is Ted's brother who I vaguely recall meeting in about 1978/9

18. DavePriceRoberts Red Rocks in c1991

I should just find that Willet from my bedroom - that would bump my list up!

Not much on quantity but good on quality (and excluding Icelanders and lurkers) and in no particular order

1. Stuart Reeves (seen on two continents!)
2. Steve Lister
3. Jules Sykes
4. Tom Tarrant
5. Gavin Goodyear
6. John Butler
7. Reader (common, he's met everyone!)
8. Streatham (my only ABA tick)
9. jebir
I've had lifers in the presence of all of them, except Steve Lister, pull your finger out Steve!

E

Last edited:
Dryocopus said:
Norfolk (twice)2006 and 2005 and Bempton Cliffs 2006... ;)
also
PostcardCV

I didn't know that I'd met you did I...? I'll have to try and work out when it was so I can add you to my list.

Edward said:
Not much on quantity but good on quality (and excluding Icelanders and lurkers) and in no particular order

1. Stuart Reeves (seen on two continents!)

E

I like the idea of being a quality tick! Actually, as befits my status as a former vagrant, I could be classified as a bit of a blocker; I don't think I've been added to any UK BF lists since I moved back to the UK in late 2005.

Stuart

For those of you who don't have me ticked off on their list (that'll be all of you then...).

Next week I shall mostly be invading North Norfolk, in a pale blue metallic Honda Accord. Unlike the Vikings, we discovered the A17 before planning the assault and therefore have no need of longships.

We're on a bird watching and sea fishing trip - or should that be bird seeing in fish watching? Time will tell...

Being somewhat tall of stature (6'-3") and a circumferentially blessed just a little (a bit over 18 stone). I should be easy to spot and much easier to identify by the green c*untry inn*vati*n coat and black Gibson guitars baseball cap.

Feel free to say "Hello" - I don't bite on the first date!

--
Dave

davebenj said:
For those of you who don't have me ticked off on their list (that'll be all of you then...).

Next week I shall mostly be invading North Norfolk, in a pale blue metallic Honda Accord. Unlike the Vikings, we discovered the A17 before planning the assault and therefore have no need of longships.

We're on a bird watching and sea fishing trip - or should that be bird seeing in fish watching? Time will tell...

Being somewhat tall of stature (6'-3") and a circumferentially blessed just a little (a bit over 18 stone). I should be easy to spot and much easier to identify by the green c*untry inn*vati*n coat and black Gibson guitars baseball cap.

Feel free to say "Hello" - I don't bite on the first date!

--
Dave

Have a great time in N Norfolk, Dave. Unfortunately, I won't be ticking you as next week I shall be engaged in my habitual half-term migration to the old country. Don't go finding any rarities while I'm away!

Helen

two more for me, both people who I've met, but have only recently realised wre BF members...

37. monkeypuzzler
38. irene0100

turkish van said:
And from a nice little excursion today:

8. Helenelizabeth2
9. Pink Hotel

Wow, nearly in double figures!

Not fair - you got 2 ticks and I only got one! I guess one of you might be worth two of us, though. ;)

15. Turkish van

A very good week for me (and hopefully one more to come on Sunday) and all of them quality folk:

16. long-term migrant Delia Todd (my very first mod!)
17. border vagrant Stewart J (and Mrs J but I assume no tick there?)
18. the legendarily hardy Quacker
19. the excellently entitled Border Reiver

The ticks are rolling in this week. Today I added my best tick yet (the first BF-er I've met who handed over a bar of chocolate as he said 'hello'!).

20. Pduxon

Helenelizabeth2 said:
A very good week for me (and hopefully one more to come on Sunday) and all of them quality folk:

16. long-term migrant Delia Todd (my very first mod!)
17. border vagrant Stewart J (and Mrs J but I assume no tick there?)
18. the legendarily hardy Quacker
19. the excellently entitled Border Reiver
You can tick Marjorie but I'm under threat of making my own meals if I disclose her BF id

Stewart

Helenelizabeth2 said:
The ticks are rolling in this week. Today I added my best tick yet (the first BF-er I've met who handed over a bar of chocolate as he said 'hello'!).

20. Pduxon

ever so nice to meet you Helen. You can come again as soon you arrived Bramblings appears, Water Pipits came out to play , barn Owls and bean Geese turned up and when you left we got Scaup and that was it!!

Whey Hey I've reached the BIG 5 0 :D

45 StewartJ
46 Marje – whose handle is not to be known ;)
47 Border Reiver
48 Helen Elizabeth
49 Pink Hotel
50 Sparrow2
51 Tom24

D

delia todd said:
Whey Hey I've reached the BIG 5 0 :D

45 StewartJ
46 Marje – whose handle is not to be known ;)
47 Border Reiver
48 Helen Elizabeth
49 Pink Hotel
50 Sparrow2
51 Tom24

D

50!! Wow, I'm jealous. But now that he's finally posted something I can also add the lovely Paul Marshall, guide par excellence.

21. Paul Marshall

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back