• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Garden Birdwatch 2022 (1 Viewer)

I usually pick the first date with good weather. They all look good at the moment, so it will probably be Friday.

Sent a text in 3 weeks ago got a call today saying it was too late for a chart. Waste of time and effort.............rubbish
I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

GreatGardenBirdwatch.png

Not too bad, with Goldcrest featuring for the first time in my Big Garden Birdwatch. Nuthatch heard but not seen, so not countable unfortunately. Also three grey squirrels.

Going to do ours Sunday we really enjoy doing the big count every year and recording our results. Good luck everyone hope you all get some great counts.

Had to postpone my Big Garden Birdwatch till tomorrow. It’s far too windy today and I haven’t even seen a single bird yet and I doubt they will be going to the feeders. Tomorrow morning looks a calmer better day.

That’s My Big Garden Birdwatch done for another year. It was very enjoyable and the hour was over in a flash. My results were
9 Woodpigeon
12 Blackbird
1 Dunnock
1 Great Tit
4 Blue Tit
4 Robin
1 Magpie
2 House Sparrow
2 Goldfinch
1 Chaffinch
4 Greenfinch

Postponed until this morning due to the garden being a bird-less desert in yesterday's gale.

Surprises ?
Regulars like Nuthatch, Starling, Magpie, Crow and Ring-necked Parakeet not appearing.

Blackbird
Goldfinch
Blue Tit
Great Ti
Long-tailed Tit
Dunnock
Chaffinch
Collared Dove

Did 30 minutes this morning.

House Sparrow 4
Blue Tit 5
Great Tit 6
Long-tailed Tit 4
Coal Tit 2
Chaffinch 6
Bullfinch 4
Siskin 1
Blackbird 1
Robin 3
Nuthatch 1
Grey Squirrel 1

Last edited:
4 blackbirds (3 male, 1 female)
3 blue tits
2 chaffinch (1 male, 1 female)
1 great tit
2 jackdaws
1 jay
3 robins
4 rooks
5 wood pigeon

Also 6 red kite circling over head, plus two grey squirrels who I think are responsible for few visitors this time!)

No garden here, so did ours in the park:

Great tit - 2
Bluetit - 2
Carrion Crow - 2
Woodpigeon - 3
Blackbird - 3
House Sparrow - 3
Starling - 10
Chaffinch - 3
Jackdaw - 12
Greenfinch - 3
Robin - 1
Song Thrush - 1
Collared Dove - 1
Coal Tit - 1
Dunnock - 1
Moorhen - 1 (a surprise addition perched in a bush)
Nuthatch - 1
Redwing - 3
Goldfinch - 2

Red kite overhead too

Managed to find an hour between the end of one storm and the start of another. Not great for the number of species actually in the garden, only 5. I could have trebled that with birds in the grassy area just outside, or the neighbours garden. Most frustratingly there was a single Waxwing in a tree just outside the garden who refused to fly the eight feet from that tree to the one in the garden that would have enabled me to count him!
Chaffinch - 30+
Robin - 1
Goldfinch - 7
Brambling - 6
Siskin - 3

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back