• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Atlas 2007–11 (1 Viewer)

Sorry to be picky but our copy has got a printing error on some of the colour photographs . The common Crossbill is BRIGHT purple . Yellow Wagtail and at least a couple of others nearly as bad. What a shame considering the obviously monumental amount of work that has gone into it.

Pleased to get my copy today, and even more pleased to see my name in a book! Well done to everyone involved including all the observers.

Mine came a couple of days ago - The size and weight of the Holy Bible found on church pulpits and perhaps just as important to ornithologists!

Very impressed in the few minutes I was allowed to look at my copy before it was snatched away to be wrapped up for Christmas.
Not impressed by the courier who left it on my front doorstep sometime between five in the afternoon and midnight in full view of anyone walking past just yards away. (My wife and I were out in London for the evening) It was even nicely lit up by the outside light so anyone who wanted to steal it wouldn't stub their toe on the step in the dark. Fortunately it didn't rain last night and most of the local toe-rags probably can't read. There was even a nice card put through the letterbox explaining that the parcel had been left in a safe place "On the doorstep". I wonder what an unsafe place would be, in the middle of the street?
Tim

Mine arrived yesterday. Fantastic book. Not even put off by the minor damage to the spine (probably by Yodel) or the colouring on the Yellow Wagtail (as mentioned above). Well done to everyone concerned in this brilliant publication.

Just received mine as well. I agree it is a wonderful book - will keep the biceps in good condition also!

Tony

Got mine today, delivered by the Home Delivery Network which explains why it took so long to arrive. Posted on the 15th so it has taken 8 days, I send stuff abroad for my business and have had things get to Australia much faster than that!

I've only had a quick look so far, but it looks pretty good.:-O

Regards, Audrey.

Atlas

Is it available in bookshops? I fancy a trip into London tomorrow and would like to pick up a copy.

I was daft enough not to pre-order it and would be at work when one of these hopeless courier services would try to deliver it anyway.

Had mine on the 16th arrived around midday but have started to get to grips with the book loads of great information and as a very easy to follow layout well done to all concerned.

Still waiting for mine, I ordered 2 copies so wondering if the weight of them both might be the cause of the delay. The delivery people waiting for the incredible hulk to start working for them before sending out a weighty tome

Is it available in bookshops? I fancy a trip into London tomorrow and would like to pick up a copy.

I was daft enough not to pre-order it and would be at work when one of these hopeless courier services would try to deliver it anyway.

Hi DKR, although we distribute this book to retailers as well, I think your chances of finding this in a bookstore in London are slim. I've had a quick look at large orders we have despatched since the book came in. These include several other online retailers, the Portland Bird Observatory Bookshop in Dorset, and the Scottish Ornithologists Club in Aberlady. I am not sure if the BTO was also allowing pre-orders from retail partners, but I don't think so. The only other option would be if you happen to be in Devon to collect in person from our warehouse in Totnes.

Could you have the courier deliver it to your work address? That's what I usually try and do.

Hi DKR, although we distribute this book to retailers as well, I think your chances of finding this in a bookstore in London are slim. I've had a quick look at large orders we have despatched since the book came in. These include several other online retailers, the Portland Bird Observatory Bookshop in Dorset, and the Scottish Ornithologists Club in Aberlady. I am not sure if the BTO was also allowing pre-orders from retail partners, but I don't think so. The only other option would be if you happen to be in Devon to collect in person from our warehouse in Totnes.

Could you have the courier deliver it to your work address? That's what I usually try and do.

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if there is an option to get it delivered to work.

Got mine this morning. A weighty tome packed with action. Great stuff.

Own up. Who went to the appendices near the back to see their name in print before scanning the rest of the book? I did!

Si.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back