• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID clifftop Coast East Sussex Newhaven (1 Viewer)

Hello,
agree with Butty:
belayed welcome to Birdforum from me too!
Thanks for the picture which shows a Wheatear (Northern by location and biased by this long pp can just be guessed, better for the most common species and not so good for the rarer vagrant species).
Taken picture quality into account (no offence), smooth creamybuffish hues and contrasting black long wings, including a long pp that almost reaches the tail is good for this species.

so it looks like i was correct after all 😲 😉
Hello,
agree with Butty:
belayed welcome to Birdforum from me too!
Thanks for the picture which shows a Wheatear (Northern by location and biased by this long pp can just be guessed, better for the most common species and not so good for the rarer vagrant species).
Taken picture quality into account (no offence), smooth creamybuffish hues and contrasting black long wings, including a long pp that almost reaches the tail is good for this species.
Thank you, I've never heard of a wheatear and so it's very exciting and it was such a delightful little bird.

Thank you, I've never heard of a wheatear and so it's very exciting and it was such a delightful little bird.
The mask is a very useful ID feature).

You can read more about this Wheatear in our Opus article:

Look out for them soon on the headlands as they return in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back