• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID - Georgia, near Atlanta, about two months ago. (1 Viewer)

ignicapilla

Romania
Hello everyone, can someone please help me ID these warblers? I asked about these before but now re-edited the images with better software to make them brighter and more clear.

Attachments

• IMG_4810-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    IMG_4810-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4854-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    IMG_4854-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8364-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    IMG_8364-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
I wonder if 2 is Bell's Vireo... If it is, that would be quite rare, but its the best I can come up with and it fits pretty well... any other pictures? Is there any chance you saw it on Sept. 17 at Murphy Candler Park near Atlanta?

I wonder if 2 is Bell's Vireo... If it is, that would be quite rare, but its the best I can come up with and it fits pretty well... any other pictures? Is there any chance you saw it on Sept. 17 at Murphy Candler Park near Atlanta?
I don't know the exact spot for the 2nd, I was there with someone else, I believe that was N Georgia, further from Atlanta than the other ones. I'll look for other photos and return if I find anything.

I think #2 looks okay for American Redstart.
Bill looks fine for a warbler
I concede. I think you’re right. It is a pretty big coincidence that I checked ebird to see if there were any Bell’s Vireo’s around Atlanta around the time frame of the original post, and sure enough there was. That was after I gandered that guess. Still, I think it is probably a coincidence because another look at the bill, and it strikes me as odd for a warbler, but admittedly it doesn’t look like an obvious Vireo bill either. Then when you mentioned American Redstart, I have to agree because they do have a rather blunt-tipped, short and stout bill for a warbler. It all lines up pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back