• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID, Laos - March 2023 (1 Viewer)

mitra.daneshvar

Hello all,

I don't know how easy the identification of this bird is, but I couldn't figure it out :/
I took these photos in Kuang Si waterfalls.

Thanks for the help
Mitra

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpg
    IMG_3487.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3491.jpg
    IMG_3491.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 29
It is one of the paradise flycatcher species, but without books I'm unsure which - the head contrasting with the chest may suggest Blyth's, but I'd await confirmation. Hope this helps!

It is one of the paradise flycatcher species, but without books I'm unsure which - the head contrasting with the chest may suggest Blyth's, but I'd await confirmation. Hope this helps!
It was one of my options, but as there were at least a few of them in one place, I wasn't sure if they could be Paradise Flycatchers. I think Black-naped Monarch is more probable.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back