• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minivet & Sunbird in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia - April 2023 (1 Viewer)

mitra.daneshvar

Hey all,

I took these photos on Taman Rata Trail 9A in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia.

1-3 Is there any chance to ID whether it is a Grey-chinned Minivet or Scarlet Minivet?
4-5 Maybe Black-throated Sunbird?
6 different Sunbird, but maybe the same species?

Thanks in advance for the help
Mitra

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5928.jpg
    IMG_5928.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6114.jpg
    IMG_6114.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6120.jpg
    IMG_6120.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6142.jpg
    IMG_6142.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 21
The Minivet should be Grey-chinned at that location. We don't have a clear view of the wing patch shape or the tertials but the long tail with longer, red-tipped central tail feathers is more typical of Grey-chinned than Scarlet, which has a shorter and broader tail.

Both Sunbirds are Black-throated, the only species present there as far as I know.

The Minivet should be Grey-chinned at that location. We don't have a clear view of the wing patch shape or the tertials but the long tail with longer, red-tipped central tail feathers is more typical of Grey-chinned than Scarlet, which has a shorter and broader tail.

Both Sunbirds are Black-throated, the only species present there as far as I know.
Thank you so much Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back