• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID needed for small bird in rural Somerset, UK (1 Viewer)

This bird was filmed feasting on a crab apple tree on 17th January 2024. I have not been able to identify it so help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

Attachments

• Bird on Crab Apple Tree.mov
    15.7 MB
Welcome to BF.
Fieldfare. A species of thrush.
They look small for crab apples - maybe the bigger ones have already fallen off..
Welcome to BF.
Fieldfare. A species of thrush.
They look small for crab apples - maybe the bigger ones have already fallen off...
Thank you. That is a possibility we have thought if but it doesn’t look like other Fieldfares we have seen. It doesn’t have a speckled breast & is dark brown.

Hi Somerchick and a warm welcome from me too. Sorry, all I get is a voice recording of two ladies talking LOL

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

I usually use PaleMoon as my browser.

So I tried to play it with Firefox and got this message: "No video with supported format and MIME type found"

Then I tried Edge (which I hate using) it needed to download another CODEC or something and it would have play I think except it wanted me to buy whatever system it was, so I backed out.

Plays fine in Chrome/Android (y)
Edge and Firefox under Win11 don't like it.
Downloaded Chrome.... another browser I dislike.

Some problem as with Edge... won't play unless I pay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back