• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID please (1 Viewer)

fredyr

I know I should know but I rarely go birding even though I know this bird is very common so would appreciate a replyBird ID.jpg.

Looks like a stonechat to me
Thanks for the reply. If it is a stonechat then it isn't common in Israel and could be on the way to you from Europe. i wonder what others will say.
I went up to Hula Wetlands to see hundreds of sand-hill cranes and this cute little beauty was just sitting on a signpost as I left the observatory.
Just in case you are interested as an expert I am including a photo of the cranes as it is an awesome sight each winter. Fredy

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for the reply. If it is a stonechat then it isn't common in Israel and could be on the way to you from Europe. i wonder what others will say.
I went up to Hula Wetlands to see hundreds of sand-hill cranes and this cute little beauty was just sitting on a signpost as I left the observatory.
Just in case you are interested as an expert I am including a photo of the cranes as it is an awesome sight each winter. Fredy

I did a search and you are correct. Thank you very much. Fredy

These are Common cranes I'm afraid. Sandhill Crane is a north American species and is very rare in Europe.

The passerine is indeed a Stonechat.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back