• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID Skiathos Greece (1 Viewer)

ChrissyM

Hi there, I wondered if anyone could possibly help me with an ID for these birds please?

bird 1.jpg

bird 4.jpg

bird 5.jpg

Thanks very much in advance, I am not familiar with these although I suspect the last two are male and female of the same species. They are quite plentiful, the first one I only ever saw once.

hey ChrissyM

I agree with hairy highlander here:

-Red-backed Shrike
-Chiffchaff (it has black legs-willow are paler)
-Spotted Flycatcher

Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you all very much :) and good to see you Nick, I really must pop in and see what all you artists have been up to.

thanks nick and tarzzz...never knew one can distinguish willow from chiffchaff from the PP...always thought from the legs!

cheers

Last edited:
thanks nick and tarzzz...never knew one can distinguish willow from chiffchaff from the PP...always thaught from the legs!

cheers

It's the most reliable way to distinguish between the two species apart from song. See this photo (Chiffchaff on the left, WW on the right). The photo comes from this informative thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back